Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Springtime

It seems as though the weather has finally come into line with the end of April. Like many of you we experienced late season snow recently. It was not really a welcome sight seeing as we had no snow for Christmas I figure it is highly unfair to start falling so beautifully now it's April. I think it had it's chance and now it's time to move on until next winter. If you can't be here at Christmas you have no business being here in April!
I went outside this morning and took a picture of the pretty flowers growing in our front garden. I am so thankful the previous owners of this house planted so many bulbs. I believe we will be decked out in full color before long. Then I can see what I might add to the collection.
The sun is shining so beautifully today. I think I will have to take the dog for a walk down to the park. I have started actually using the health club membership we have as a family. I am determined to change my lifestyle and make working out a part of my day. The Fitness center has a great personal trainer who attends our church and he is very knowledgable. It sure helps to know that you are doing things correctly. I hope my legs hold out for a walk today! Am I ever out of shape! But it sure feels good to be doing something so beneficial. It's an easy slope downwards to being out of shape and a painful, long process back to being fit. I am determined though!
Soccer and track are in full swing. Britt actually has three games this week. They won their first game of the season 4-0, last night. I am just glad they don't have to play in the snow anymore. Sydney had her first track meet and ran the mile and the 1600 relay, placing third in both races. She has another meet tomorrow night. She is enjoying it alot.
Last Sunday was her fourteenth birthday as well! I cannot believe she is fourteen. She will enter the highschool in September. They are all growing up too quickly for me!
Below are my pretty flowers. Happy Spring everyone. I think it's finally here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the snow came this spring, I asked why didn't we get that on Christmas?!
That's great you have a fitness center in your town. I wish we did. That reminds me that I need to pick up my free weights again.
Good luck Syd, Brock, and Britt!

-Brooke

The Smelker Seven said...

I couldn't believe that snow fell so late in the year. two hours north of us 2 inches fell - it was so bizarre!

Glad you have the gym close to you - there is a really cool (read expensive) gym near our house, but for now I think I will just use the free weights we have in the garage...

Jilb said...

I think we're all ready for spring to really be here. I know I am!
Working out is great. I'll probably go back to the gym after I have the baby. It's expensive but totally worth it.

The Smelker Seven said...

Sue:
I tried sending you an email, but it got bounced back to me - it only happened once though so I am not sure whether I have the correct addy for you. Could you email me at cori_smelker@mac.com with your addy? Thanks!