Thursday, September 18, 2008

is it really already half way through September?

Sandestin, Florida
It's time for an update:
sorry it has taken so long things have been busy. September started out with a little get-away for Randy and I to Sandestin, Florida. It was so beautiful.....white sandy beaches, lots of amazing food, palm trees, shopping, swimming pools and most importantly time alone with Randy.
We returned to a household in full swing of the school schedule! Brock is now in high school with his two sisters, Jessica and Sydney. He is loving it! Jessica is glad to be in her senior year and I keep reminding her it goes by so quickly! Sydney is so busy with practice for Show Choir and the school play, Music Man. She got so run down she has been fighting a nasty head cold/sore throat illness.
Brittany is making her way as a college student and is very diligent in balancing her work, homework, social life and church. I can tell she loves this new stage of life!

Lastly, I had my surgery on Monday and my doctor called this morning. Just as she thought, that mass was benign. She was rather upset on Monday that the surgeon led me down a path of "questioning and concern" with her consult with me. I figure what is done is done. But I did learn from this whole thing that you can never ask too many questions and getting the opinions of more than one doctor is never a bad idea.
Tomorrow I go back to get my drain tube taken out. I am assuming it will hurt seeing as I was told to take my Vicadin before I leave the house!
From here on out I am on the road to healing! I am focused on healthier living through my diet and exercise. I am also dedicated to getting my annual mammogram and encouraging all my girlfriends to do the same!

Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, emails and cards.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Must have been so nice in Florida. What area did you stay in?
I am glad things are better and the surgery's over. Now it's after surgery healing time.

You're definitely encouraging, Sue. You've also reminded me to always be healthy.
Glad the kids are doing well. I know they'll all do well this school/college year. Britt's so right on balancing..it will make the college experience easier and more enjoyable.

Colonel Havoc said...

"Sydney is so busy with practice for Show Choir and the school play, Music Man."

Yes. Yes! YES!!!!!

Gray Photography - Zach and Jody - Nashville Wedding Photography said...

Zach does have family in the Lake Geneva area of Wisconsin! Not sure when we're planning on seeing them next, but if you guys live somewhat close it would be so great to even just see you all!!! Been following your updates on Facebook and praying for you! Praise God no cancer!