Saturday, June 21, 2008

Good bye Middle School

Brock and his dad on Graduation Day

Congratulations Class of '08!
(better late than never)
Our son, graduated from grade eight on June 6th. He had been asked to be one of the two student speakers, which was quite an honor really. I gave him some ideas for his speech but he wrote it primarily by himself. Brittany and Jessica were able to come and watch which was nice. Brittany was already finished with school and Jessica took the day off...she felt going to her brother's graduation ceremony was more important than sitting in classes watching movies. Smart girl!
It's a little weird....no more middle school. We pass into a High School family......no more recess, snack cart or homeroom teachers. Brock is excited I think....these days he's too busy golfing to think about the fall. He goes every day and scored a 43 this past week...personal best.

I do have some pictures, but for some reason blogger isn't letting me do that. I will try later.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Brock!

The Smelker Seven said...

WOW - how time passes! I remember when I first met Brock - he was the baby in the stroller...

We are still in the 'bridge' years in terms of school. One in college, two now in middle school (Hayley will start 6th grade in the fall) and two in elementary school. Terry and I decided to 'divide and conquer' in terms of the PTA. I am on the middle school PTA board, after having been a part of the elementary school PTA, and Terry will now join the elementary PTA board in my stead.

Tabitha said...

Way to go!