This week also brought with it a letter. A most important letter, for Brittany. Her first college acceptance letter arrived on Tuesday. For those of you who have never had a senior in your house, springtime is also the time of reality hitting you over the head with a white four by eight envelope. Who knew they could pack such a wallop? Brittany decided to apply to three colleges and the one in St.Paul, Minnesota got back to her this week with the first line that everyone hopes for...."Congratulations you have been accepted to________for the fall of 2008!"
There were tears in everyone's eyes. I think that was because of the joy and the sadness all mixed together. I am so proud of Brittany for overcoming many obstacles in her academic life and pushing past a diagnosis of a learning disability that has brought her to the point in life where she can know she is going to college and will have the opportunity to pursue her passions and discover her call. I am also so amazingly grateful to an assistant principal at our High School who wrote the most moving, kind and heartfelt recommendation letter to this institution th
Brittany is still waiting to hear from the other two colleges and then she will make her final decision. One thing is sure.......as sure as the seasons come and go.......we will be sending our first born off into this world in just five short months. Bittersweet. Gratefully. Marveling all the while that this time in our lives is truly now before us.
4 comments:
Congrats to Brittany! It is a GREAT school. I was taken completely by surprise when you mentioned the "assistant principal". My breath caught and my eyes teared up and I had to do a double take...and then more tears came. It means so much to me (and him!) to know that he can make a difference. The public school system is a tough place for a believer to work, and it's refreshing to see kids like yours come through as shining stars. I met that "assistant principal" at NWC while he was studying to be a PE teacher and we were married after my junior year...you know, the "Mrs. Degree". Crazy to think...that may not be too far off for you guys! :)
Yay! Never forget.. "Don't worry, God's in control." :) Britt, you'll do so well in college. I am excited for you to take the next step in your life.
I remember the days of waiting for an acceptance letter. No fun at all. It can be nervewracking.
Sounds cheesy, but... Here's a cyber hug for Britt.
God is so faithful. YAY BRITT!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment