Sunday, March 16, 2008

going to state baby!

Jessica and Sydney participated in an event yesterday that is for high school students in the music programs in our area schools. It was an all day event...called Solo and Ensemble. Students have been practicing for a while now and participate in either singing or instrumental numbers that are either solos or group pieces. This event lasted all day yesterday over in a neighboring town, Tomah.
The students have set time for their performances and go into classrooms and perform in front of a judge. They are given scores that range from : *1 (the best), 1, 2 or 3.
In order to go to State students must achieve a *1. Anyone can sit in the room and watch. It's a little bit nerve racking....I give these young people a lot of credit for participating.
Jessica was part of two performances; one was her Vocal Jazz Ensemble and the other was the same group performing from Madrigal (in full medieval costumes). Both her groups are going to state!
Sydney had two solos, one classical piece and one musical theatre and then she had a duet and a triple trio (basically nine girls) She got four *1's!!!!! so she is going to state for all of her performances.....
pretty exciting.
May 2nd in LaCrosse we will be heading to state....for music! great stuff. This video is of Sydney singing her classical solo. I missed both of Jessica's performances because I was waiting for some friends to arrive from Hibbing and the timing just didn't work out. I'll have to get it at State.

5 comments:

JC said...

Whoohooo! Next stop- American Idol!!!!

Shainerz said...

I'd vote for her:D
amazing syd!
congrats to jess, too! excited to see a video

Newsy said...

No, how about an American Version of Celtic Woman.

Excellent...very pure tone.

[ brooke ] said...

AMAZING LADIES!

Unknown said...

Congrats to both!