Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!

I am a day late with this post, I realize. Yesterday, my baby girl Jessica Rae turned 17! Seventeen years old....cannot seem possible.
I have friends who have young children and post about the joys of toilet training and all the cute things their toddlers are doing....and I remember those days like they were a lifetime ago. So many memories fill my mind and it does seem like a time long ago that my little strong willed Jessie girl, trounced through our house with her silly smile and bald head. How many times did I hear people tell me how cute my little "boy" was?How many times did she rock her cradle and try to climb out? She was always determined and knew the path she wanted to take, if I needed her to go somewhere else, I had to literally pick her up and carry her over.
I see how those strong willed children grow up to be wonderfully determined young adults. If channeled in the correct way, they will be the leaders. She knows who she is, she is not swayed by peer pressure, she is focused on her goals, she won't let the expectations of others make her feel less than who she is.
Happy Birthday to my girl who makes me laugh! the young woman who is great at so many things....stay strong baby. There is a path...stay on it....I love you and happy birthday.

4 comments:

The Smelker Seven said...

You always pay the nicest, sweetest and best tributes to your lids. I can't believe she is 17 - I remember when she was the bald one!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jessie. Sorry I didn't get your birthday card out to you yet. Oops!

Shainerz said...

I love Jessica Rae!!
Sounds like a very good analysis of your sweet daughter. She sure is the funniest person I know. Seriously she can always sense when I need a good laugh! Very encouraging, very supportive, and very determined are ways I'd describe her! Happy 17th:)

JC said...

Happy Birthday Girlfriend!!!! One of my favorite memories of you ( and I do have some good ones...) is of when we had to chase Survivor the Duck with Heather McClung! Remember that? Can't wait to see you!