Monday, October 8, 2007

as time goes by

The weather has turned hot and muggy! It's October, football season, leaves turning and all of sudden we experienced the same heatwave that a lot of others in the midwest region experienced. Thankfully a cool front is moving in tonight. The screen door is open by the table where I type and I can feel the humidity breaking. I have to say that I don't like it in July but like it even less in October.
This is Homecoming week for the high school girls so they are having fun dressing up in crazy outfits. The game on Friday is against our rivals who happen to be undefeated this year! Should be interesting, seeing as our team has won only one conference game so far.
Brock has to sit out his whole football season so that erased one item off the calendar. His arm is much better but after seeing the orthopaedic specialist for a second time, he felt that it was best if he took it easy a little longer.
Erika is still living with us.
We are starting to make plans for our 20th anniversary and for Thanksgiving.
time is going by so quickly!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are okay with Brock. God's helping him to be more patient and Godly I am sure.

Keeping you all in my prayers and young lady and her family.

Have fun with homecoming. Make the best out of your senior year, Britt.

-Brooke

The Smelker Seven said...

love the title of the blog - as time goes by. Whenever I hear that phrase I think of Dame Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer in that wonderful series...

Oh, good to hear the weather is cooling and that Brock is doing well.

Shainerz said...

Your anniversary was Sept. 28, right??? jk;)

JC said...

Hi Sue-just popping by to say hey. Wow- 20 years...congratulations! Celebrate big!