One: she decided she wanted a change with her hair! yes her long beautiful hair...she told me she wanted to have it cut short. I just pretended to not hear her for about three days, just to see if she was serious. Last Thursday, she asked me again...and I realized I had no way out. At this point a mom has two choices....she can:
a) lay down her "mom card" and tell the young woman that "as long as you live in my house, you need to wear your hair the way I want you to". This is as rediculous to say in theory and probably even more so, if I had actually spoken the words.
b) let the young woman do whatever she wants after all it is HER hair and she will be eighteen in six months.
AS you can see from the picture below, she made her own decision.

The second important milestone for Britt was that she accepted her first ever....JOB! yes, that's right, she has an actual paying job!!! She is working at the local Century 21 office doing some secretarial type tasks and training in some Title work as well. She loves getting up every morning, getting dressed for an office and heading to work in her car. The new haircut really suits her new postition. Anyone that knows Britt would agree that this job suits her much better than waitressing or flipping burgers. Not that she didn't put in applications to do both those things. But this is the perfect job for her....well seeing as "shopping at the mall" was not an option!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! Britt I love your hair! You look good in short or long hair. You took an amazing leap! You did something many girls wouldn't do, myself included.
Anyways.. my prayers were answered! Yay! Amen. Praise God.
Love you all!
-Brooke
WOW - She looks great - but then she would look great even if she shaved her hair all off!
Congrats on the job - I bet she will shine in the office.
congrats on the job! you would look good with long or short hair
Brittany I hope to give you a big hug one day soon! You are growing up too fast girl! :)
Post a Comment