Friday, February 23, 2007

crossing the border

Today I am heading over the border...well the Minnesota border anyway. Last fall I was asked to speak at a women's retreat in Austin, MN. The time has literally flown by in the midst of all our busyness and the date has arrived.
Brittany felt that she was supposed to come with me, so she along with a friend from church are taking the two hour trip with me. I am speaking three times in less than twenty-four hours. I woke up this moring feeling a little nervous to be honest. I always do before I do something like this.
The weather man is not bringing me much good news today. There is a "winter storm watch" for our area today into tomorrow. We are supposed to get a good dumping of snow over the next day. We decided to up our departure time so hopefully avoid the worst of it on the way there. Now, tomorrow on the way home is another story.
I am honored to have been asked to do this. I feel pretty unworthy.
But one thing I do is obey when God asks something of me, so here we go!
If you think of me I would appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

JC said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I'll be praying for you.