Monday, April 6, 2009

Flo-rida!

Seems like nobody blogs anymore, except the faithful Grays....I think perhaps facebook has taken over. But I do stop myself and remind myself I need to take the time to update this online journal. I know there are people who read it and this is the way they keep up with the latest in this busy family....so what is the latest?

Florida keeps dangling it's carrot in front of my children's noses and it seems that one of them is going to bite! As you remember Brittany had applied to college and was accepted but had a change in plans last summer and didn't end up going.

Well now it's Jessica's turn. This past week Jessica found out she has been accepted into Fort Myers, Master's Commission. For those of you not familiar with this program....let me try to sum it up, briefly. Master's Commission is an intense nine month discipleship program in our denomination. There are many different locations in the USA that host this program. Jessica will experience hands on ministry life at the church down in Fort Myers. She can take some on line classes that can be transferred to colleges if she wishes to continue her education after her time at M.C.
As I write this she is down there now, checking it out. Her hope is to be involved in the music side of ministry when she goes, so she spent today with their worship team, "INTERFACE" at an open house for perspective students.
She will return on Saturday night.

We have raised our children with hopes that they will find a life of fulfillment and do something they are passionate about. I know that Jessica will find her place and leave her mark in this world. I believe this is a step in that direction.

With graduation two short months away, she is looking ahead now with excitement and a glimpse of what God has for her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been praying for Jessica. How is everything down there for her so far? I am sure she's having a great time and connecting with the Lord too. I have to agree--"find a life of fulfillment" and do something we are passionate about.