Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and God Bless us every one....
the line from one of my favorite Christmas movies. The Christmas Carole. I watch it every year and never tire of the wonderful story of redemption it contains. How wonderful to know that there is possibility for change in even the most corrupt and bitter heart....

Our family wishes you and yours a wonderful Christmas Season....I know Christmas Day is over already but wanted to take the time to send our wishes your way.
We enjoyed Christmas Eve at a brief service at our church, which is always a highlight of Christmas, for without recognizing the reason we celebrate, I would find the day so empty. I love hearing the story about the town of Bethlehem and the shepherds on a hillside.
This year Brittany was not with us as she went with Justin to his family's celebrations. Not all changes are easy...we missed her so much....

Christmas Day started early even though we have teenagers....they still get excited for the "opening of gifts". Brittany was back home with us and we thoroughly enjoyed our morning together. Our home was full of wonderful smells and laughter and a true appreciation of family.
I think we all know that we are on the precipice of change so everyone took more time to appreciate one another.
We invited some friends of ours to join us, each one with their own families far away. We stood side by side giving thanks for all the blessings we enjoy.
The room became quiet as we filled our plates with a variety of foods and sat down to eat.

We enjoyed the rest of the day playing games and each other's company. I had bought the family a new game called The Big Taboo....I highly recommend it....for older children and more than four people for sure!

This Christmas was slowly savored ....sometimes everything goes by so quickly and I feel like I didn't even have a chance to enjoy it. But not this year, I took care to notice every moment, every smile, smell, word and sound.
Merry Christmas to you, our wonderful friends and family and may God Bless you all.

2 comments:

Colonel Havoc said...

Which version of A Christmas Carol?

I like the Muppet one best...

BTW, based on one of your previous posts, we picked up "The Last Word" game. (It was a big hit Chirstmas Eve.)

Unknown said...

It's okay that the post was late Sue. I know you care and were going to post. :) I am glad you all had a blessed Christmas. I like hearing about the shepherds and Bethlehem too. The arrival of Christ is such an amazing story. :) God bless you and your family.