Life is all about the journey isn't it. As much as I had hoped my health blogging was over I found out differently yesterday.
First of all the good news.....my nose is great! My ENT said it is healing "amazingly" and the opening to my sinus is "ten times the size it was". What great news. I am off all nose related restrictions; and believe me, as silly as that sounds, there were a few. He did have to remove the stitches from inside my nose yesterday and they apparently didn't understand the part about being dissolvable. Stubborn old things wanted special treatment. As much as I liked my ENT surgeon, I will not have to see him again and that is indeed GOOD NEWS.
Yesterday, I also met with my other surgeon relating to my biopsy and another issue. I don't write this to make anyone uncomfortable. It is just medicine. I received some rather unexpected news. My biopsy was not negative....it was inconclusive. In medicine there is a huge difference. There was a somewhat lame explanation for why this could have happened but the bottom line is not "why?" but rather "what will we do now?". The pathologists could not put a label on the eight tissue samples they took. Which is not acceptable because they should have been able to say for sure what type of mass it was. Therefore, the breast surgeon looked me in the eye and compassionately asked me what I want to do about it. She did explain two options. One was wait and see (never a big fan of that) the second was to remove it entirely.
September 15th I will undergo another surgery to remove the entire mass so they can send it away to pathology......so I can wait AGAIN, to find out if it's cancer or not. It was not fun waiting the first time and certainly NOT something I wanted to go through again so soon. But for my future health I felt it was the wise choice.
I will also have a large lipoma (mass that is made up of fatty tissue) removed. This will be more involved and take much longer to recover from as it is in a sensitive area under my arm.
My journey is not over as I thought it was.
I appreciate your prayers on the 15th.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
wow Sue...praying.
I am praying always.
xoxoxo
I will be praying Sue. Sorry you have to go through it. I am glad your nose is okay.
Sorry to hear the latest news. I'm happy to hear that your nose is doing much better, but sad that you have to have another operation (and go through the waiting and wondering process). My prayers are with you. Love ya!
Dear Lord, thank You that You heal and know this whole situation. Father, thank You that she wants to take care of herself and is willing to go to the doctor.
In Isaiah 53:5, it is stated,
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed."
From this I ask, would You please heal her?
I know the procedures will go well because You will be in that room doing all the work. I ask for peace during all this. Be with the doctors too. I pray this situation will be used for You glory. You're an amazing God and You deserve so much praise and honor because You are beyond wonderful and loving! In Your Name I pray, amen.
You certainly will have my prayers covering you on the 15th my friend. Sorry to have to read this.
I am praying for you Sue. God's got this, right?
Dear Father, thank You for sending Your Son, to die on the cross for us. God, thank You that You heal, are willing, eventhough we don't deserve it or anything from You. Please forgive me of all my sins. God, please heal Sue and I ask for a great recovery. Giver her strength to face this and to see this situation the way You do. Father, use this for Your glory. In Your Name I pray, amen.
Post a Comment