Thursday, June 5, 2008

Septoplasty

I am really thankful that there is such a thing as a specialist in different areas of medicine.
Today, I learned that those extra years of education really pay off.
For example, someone who actually knows about your nose and sinus area will notice the septum that is totally wacked out inside your nose and blocking your sinus cavity from any access. It's called a deviated septum and I am the proud owner of one.
ok, proud....maybe not.
On July 17th it will be gone thanks to this same doctor. There will be some stitches involved and "packing" up my nose. The little booklet they gave me to read has a cute cartoon drawing of a man with packing taped to his face. Makes me wonder if I can't get a cuter nose out of the deal. I mean if I am going to feel like a truck hit my face for a few days then I hope I get something out of it........
oh ya!!! I get clear breathing and sinuses for probably the first time in my life.
I probably don't even know what it's like.
not to mention that I won't hurt anymore......after the initial week or so.
man I bet those pictures will be bloggable!
makes you want to come back in July and check it out eh?

Well that's the update.
I still have some pictures from Graduation that I want to post. So that will be next.

4 comments:

Jamylou said...

Hey Sue! I'm glad to hear that they finally figured it out and are going to do something about it. Where are they doing the sugery?
Those "cute" packings are called "rhino rockets" if they are what I'm thinking....kind of like a tampon in your nose. Oh well, whatever works.
Hope all goes well!

Unknown said...

That stinks about your nose. I am glad that something will be done about it. I will be praying for you and your doctors. God bless you!

JC said...

Ouch. I'll just pray you get healed.

Tabitha said...

Doesn't sound like a fun time at all, but glad a cure is to be had!