This past Friday, Britt and I headed up to Minneapolis . We were able to accomplish quite a lot. After dropping my mum off at the airport we headed over to the Mall of America....which is one of her favorite places in the world. I think maybe all those hours I spent walking in there when she was four years old perhaps left some subliminal life long obsession with shopping and large, busy, noisy malls! Anyway, we were on a mission to find a dress for her Graduation party. Her friend Chelsea met us there and we rushed around trying to find a particular store. Now in most malls this isn't such a big deal......however, an hour later we finally found Delia's and were grabbing every sundress in the store!
We were on a time crunch. One of Britt's good friends and mentors was graduating from College and the ceremony was on the opposite side of the Cities. It was wonderful to see Ruth graduate with such honors and a great day with Britt, laughing, shopping, drinking Caribou, eating at NOODLES (yummo), singing and having good conversation all the way home. I guess something about knowing she will wear her cap and gown in a couple of weeks makes a mother appreciate every memory making day! At the top is a picture of Britt in her new dress! and below is Britt with her best friends, Ruth and Chelsea!
3 comments:
Sounds like a great time. :) I enjoy the MOA too. Jake despises it, so we haven't gone in awhile. :( I look forward to shopping trips like this when my girls are older.
3 lovely women right there!!!!
Man- that is so awesome. I miss everyone. :-(
Post a Comment