Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Summertime Stew!

well I figured before football season starts I had better post some more this summer. It's not like I have had nothing to post about but sometimes there is SO much that you don't know where to begin! So I guess I'll cram it all into one post; taking the chance that it might sound disorganized and lacking in direction. It is one of my pots of stew posts! that's what we'll call it.

I am back from our trip out to Colorado! That is the first thing. I took the three youngest kids out to Colorado Springs for the annual national youth convention known as Desperation! it was amazing and the kids loved it! We were all excited to: 1. get out of the van after fifteen/sixteen hours of driving 2. see Brittany after two weeks 3.sleep 4. see the mountains....and not necessarily in that order. Once we arrived we stopped for breakfast ie. COFFEE! and headed to the church. I will not give you a play by play of our five day trip. I will include some pictures though, at the end of the post.
The drive home was 1. longer than the drive there. 2. disrupted by my son vomitting in a Denny's parking lot 3. a short stay in a hotel while Brock recovered from whatever it was that he ate 4.a scarey venture into downtown Denver where one of their finest gave me directions back out and security in the presence of gang members and prostitutes. 4. the never ending journey through Nebraska 5. a chorus of "how much longer" 6. wicked lightening and rain storms in Minnesota.
So ya, each of the numbered items above would require a post on this blog just to fully explain. So just let your imaginations run wild as you read!
The important thing is we are all home safely as a family once again.

Brock is finishing out his baseball season with a couple tournaments. Unfortunately, he has a pretty stinky team this year. And yes, please feel free to use that word in whatever context it can be used. It is pretty discouraging for him to have a team that lacks skill but he just goes with the flow and is thinking ahead to football.

We have had pretty much endless company all summer. We might have breaks for a week at a time but they just keep coming! And I have to say that I LOVE IT! it's fun showing people this beautiful region of Wisconsin and just reconnecting with old friends.

We bought a horse.
.....ah ha! did you catch that??? yes it's true....nope I didn't mean a dog.... nope nope you read it right. Our little wrangler and her father (who is a cowboy at heart) bought a horse. He is currently living at the ranch where little wrangler works and can stay there forever... pretty much. There is a part two to this story though.... a country house is calling so that we can have our new addition with us.
Well I am closing this post on that note... To be continued.....


our group sitting in the church waiting for service to start: Sydney is showing off her red tongue.

The Williamson women! (that is me on my phone trying hard to hide it while the nice man took our photo. ha ha!)

just about six thousand teenagers and leaders: it is a life changing experience-DESPERATION 2007

Brock pitching the first game of his tournament last weekend. He did great!

2 comments:

Shainerz said...

Ahhhhh! I love everything that is going on with your family right now! great pictures for sure. Can't wait to see you all and your newest addition! :)

JC said...

ok- what an ending to that post! A HORSE???