Friday, May 18, 2007

Garage Sale!

So what do you do when you are sitting at a garage sale? You think of things to post on your blog...so here I am. Our sale doesn't officially start until 8 but I am all set up (waking up at 5:00 a.m. sure helped) and ready for my first customer. I think every place has it's own set of "garage sale" rules. Other places we have lived, we usually had people knocking on our front door the night before wanting to preview! That did not happen here...
I guess garage sales are big here...we'll see.

I needed a stiff cup of coffee this morning. Last night was one of those "all four kids had different places to be" nights. Sydney actually had two large events; her last regular season track meet and her last concert in middle school. Her track meet was in Tomah which is like fifteen minutes from here. She beat her best time on the mile, so she was happy. I was just relieved that she could actually run it, after being out all season with an injury. She made it back to the school with ten minutes to spare before her concert began. I had a plate of dinner with me that she quickly scarfed down. I had to smile when I looked around at all the girls who were all "dolled up" with their hair done and makeup on. In contrast, Sydney ran in the auditiorim (actually it's a cafetorium) with her hair all mussed up, no make-up and totally out of breath. She has a great personality though and took it all in stride! She had a solo in the song "My Heart Will Go On". Auntie if you are reading this, I am going to get it on YOUTUBE and get you the link cuz I know Celine Dion is your favorite!! She did great by the way. Of course, Iam her mom so I would say that.
Brittany had her last home soccer game. They lost 2-0 which was a downer but I am happy Britt gave soccer a try after never having played it before in her life. Her team does have a tournament this coming Saturday and then they play the Boy's JV team next Friday, which should be a blast!!!!! I will have to post pics of that.
Brock had a baseball practice and hit an infield home run!
Lastly, Jessie had basketball practice. Actually, she thought she did. So we got her there on time and everything. But it ended up not happening. She just went and watched Britt's game with a bunch of her friends.

Another story I have to tell is pretty cool...This past week I registered myself and the kids for the Desperation conference. I wanted to take advantage of the "early bird" pricing. After getting my confirmation email, I showed Randy. He noticed that the amount charged was NOT ENOUGH. So I tried calling them out there in Colorado. Well, all I got was a recording so I left a message. Yesterday, I got a call from Brett. I explained the problem. I think that whenever you try to correct people on an undercharge they are confused at first. But he listened and checked the website only to find out that someone had entered the registration fees incorrectly. Suprisingly, we were the FIRST people to call and tell them. He thanked me for calling and told me that they would NOT change our charge. I insisted that I was fully expecting the price to be for four of us and that I wanted to pay the right amount. He then insisted that we were to take it as a blessing because had actually saved them alot of money by catching the mistake! I was pretty happy because this trip for us is a sacrafice and part of the reason I am having this garage sale to begin with. I know that the experience will be worth every penny. But it was a little bit of encouragement to me that God is already blessing the way for us to go!

Well the customers are here. I'd better go!
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Shainerz said...

That is so cool about the tickets!!! God really is watching out for you guys. I'm excited that you all will be able to go there this year. And hopefully the garage sale helped out even more.:) I love you!

JC said...

Hope your sale went well! I just laughed out loud at the ticket pricing thing! God IS good.
Are you going to post the YouTube link?

Colonel Havoc said...

Credit Card / Integity Story....

Very Cool.