Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring is in the Air!

So I said I would update and then never did! well Amber came to visit and honestly that took precidence over blogging. Actually, it didn't really seem like we had company as much as it was like having an extra member of the family for a few days. We had to let her go though.....back to the north country which is blessed to have her as far as I am concerned!
Life is now entering the spring zone. You know, mud, water, yellow grass, wet dogs and oh did I mention mud! I am so thankful for the warmer temperatures though. Brock and Sydney actually walked home from school the other day. When the temperature is sixty, walking is the better option. Brock has begun asking if he can wear shorts to school and the girls start hinting that their summer wardrobe needs additions. Oh the signs of spring in the Williamson home!
Brittany started soccer practice this week. She LOVES it. And now I wonder why we didn't get her in the sport sooner. She has always enjoyed watching it...aren't you proud Uncle Bimal? But she never felt to step up and join. Until now. So we loaded her down with shin guards, cleats, shorts, soccer socks! (which are so cute) and even her own soccer ball; she informed us she needs to work on her ball handling. We are even feeling the need to rent "Bend it Like Beckham". There are lots of girls trying out and so we will wait and see where Britt ends up. Her dad has told her she better be tough and aggressive so this should be interesting. You can be sure I'll have pics in the future.
Sydney has decided to join track. Yay! I am so glad. That girl can RUN! and it's good training for her main sport of Cross Country, which she is so gifted at. If we heard correctly she runs her mile faster than the top female runner at the high school. Her competitive nature kicked in and she is determined to train this summer and kick some butt next year as she will be a freshman at the high school. Don't let those big blue eyes fool you! She loves competition and is tough!
Jessie is enjoying her break from any and all activity. Including cleaning her room. ha ha ha. She will start back with weight training soon and hopefully if things work out she'll be involved in a summer basketball program we just learned about.
Brock will play in his basketball state tourney in two weeks and then hopefully he will join baseball. He's still not sure about that. But I am applying pressure so we'll see.
So things are in full swing here at our house.
Below is my wonderful new Rendevous. Love it!

2 comments:

Jilb said...

Sounds like everybody is busy! Love the new car/truck/jeep, whatever you'd call it!

Anonymous said...

What is lfc yo? Anyhow Mrs W i totally miss u and your amazing kids and brittany is joining soccer? Tight hope shes great at it and love how i didnt even know amber shain got to go see u lol. Hopefully next trip or soon i could come see u chicas (and chicos) and chill. I miss you guys being around. Love u Mrs W! Ttyl
PS sweet ride