Sunday, February 4, 2007

Happy Sweet Sixteen!

After a crazy busy weekend I can finally sit down and wish my girl Jessie a happy sixteenth birthday. You were a suprise from the beginning and continue to suprise me now! As I diapered a four month old baby I got the results of a test telling me that another child was on the way. I felt totally unprepared and incapable. You are the only one who came on your own with out inducement. You had a mind of your own then....still do. I treasure you. You have blessed our lives from day one with your stubborn pout. If I said "come here", you would turn and run away. If I said "sit down" you'd stand (with your hands on your hips more often than not). But that strong spirit inside you is one of the things I now admire in you most. You have a wicked sense of humor which I love! Sometimes I think I am looking in a mirror. You are your mother's child. Happy birthday Peanut!

The very pink cake!

In the middle of church Randy stopped and asked someone, "when did you get here? I didn't see you guys come in" As we glanced over there were three suprises for the birthday girl. Brooke, Jenni and Mike, old friends from Hibbing. They came back to the house for Chinese before they headed out of town again. What a wonderful suprise and the best birthday gift ever! Thanks guys! The pic above is Jessie with her suprise visitors.

2 comments:

[ brooke ] said...

It physically pains me to look at my face in that picture.. OH MY GOSH. I can't quit laughing.


It was so good to see you guys!
LOVE YOU!

Jenni said...

That was so much fun surprising all of you! I would do it again in a heart beat :D I hope we can get down there again soon :D

tootles! :)