Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Girl



It wasn't that long ago that you sat in your highchair falling asleep,
danced across the floor with your flowing princess gowns pretending to be Belle,
Ran through the park in Brampton
clung to your American Girl doll like she was your best friend,
started kindergarten with your new backpack,
tried your hand at basketball in grade school,
dreamed of driving a car.

It wasn't that long ago that you wore your high heels to school and twisted your ankle
had your first real crush on a boy (besides your uncle)
were old enough to finally go to youth group,
stood in line for hours to see a Plus One concert
started wearing makeup.

It wasn't that long ago that you learned to play drums,
got your driver's license as nervous as you were,
wore your first formal gown,
had your heart broken by a boy,
and
began dreaming of your future and planning for a career.
All of it seems like only yesterday.

It has all brought us to this point, where I clearly see my little girl is becoming this amazing woman; one who is full of mature insight and compassion. It is a joy to see you as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside! Happy seventeenth Birthday to our oldest daughter, we are so proud of you.
Always, Mom and Dad

3 comments:

Colonel Havoc said...

Another of your faithful readers signing in to the new site...

Looks great!

Anticipation is high for 2007...

JC said...

sniff sniff....

The Smelker Seven said...

It's kinda scary, but nice when they get older! I remember when Britt was just little more than a toddler, and Brock still in the stroller. I looked at you in awe for having 4 so close together, and then what do I do - follow in your footsteps! Where have the years gone? I remember when Warrick was a baby, and I posted about his 17th birthday just 7 short weeks ago!